Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a few words...

Hey guys,

So I was thinking that I needed to update and I couldn't think of anything really to post about. But, I thought that I would share a verse that I really really love. I have it posted on my wall in my room and next to my desk. It's Isaiah 41:10.

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will uphold you with my righteous hand."


I've also really enjoyed listening to some gospel songs that have encouraged me in a new way lately. The first one is "Yesterday, Today, and Forever" by Vicky Beeching. It's really amazing. Here's part of the song.


Everlasting God
The years go by but you’re unchanging
In this fragile world
You are the only firm foundation
Always loving, always true
Always merciful and good, so good

Yesterday today and forever
You are the same, you never change
Yesterday today and forever
You are faithful and we will trust in You

The second is "God of Miracles" from Twila Paris. It's so awesome and it's just really really encouraging.


Tiny baby, born too soon
Not much future to hope for
Tears and whispers fill this room
And hearts will burst with love
And gifted hands will do their best
And care so very much
But it is not enough
It is not enough

God of miracles, come and be with us
We will trust in You to deliver us
Kind and noble King, kneeling in the dust
So predictable, so mysterious
God of miracles

Your voice is powerful
Nothing is difficult
You can do what we cannot
Your grace is beautiful
Stronger when we are small
You are God
You are God

So, although it's not an interesting part of my life, it's really meaning a lot to me.

Btw, if you guys have any prayer requests for me, I'd love to pray. I'm trying to pray a lot more now, so if you want me to pray for anything, please let me know.

Love you all!


Lyd

No comments: