Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Girls having fun!!



Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since last week! Well, here's one for ya.

This past weekend, my sisters and I had a sleepover party for two of our friends, Elizabeth (12) and Kathryn (11). We had a blast!!! We decided that, since they had 6 brothers and one little sister, they should be treated to a weekend with no guys (except for my brothers and dad which is only 3). So, we picked them up on Saturday at 11 and went to the library to look for movies, but they didn't have any exciting ones. And the rest of the afternoon was spent shopping at thrift stores and consignment shops. We bought iced teas somewhere in between there too. There was this really great deal at Apres Vous and I bought two awesome shirts and a pair of jeans for $6.50... (how much better can it get?). At one shop, I decided to try on a $20.00 wedding dress (already used, but in GREAT shape).. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me... it was hilarious... I barely fit in the dressing room, but it fit PERFECTLY...
When we came home, I got Elizabeth to put on an old bridesmaid's dress that I had grown out of, and then i did her hair. She thought she look horrible. I thought she looked beautiful. Decide for yourself who is correct; check out the picture.

Anywho, we watched two movies: The Game Plan (hilarious) and Love's Unfolding Dream (pretty good for a Janette Oke movie). Then we were up until like 3 am (at least Jubilee, Kathryn, and I were). When we woke up the next morning, to my surprise, most of us were actually bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. We got ready for church and then went church (no, really?). When we got back, we had lunch and then we wanted to go swimming. But weather would not allow us. So my mom took some pics of us being weird. Check it out:

Yeah, that's us...
In the evening, we went to youth group at church and afterwards, their older brother, James, picked them up and took them home... 'Twas a sad parting. LOL.
It was so awesome! We had so much fun. I don't think that I've ever had that much fun for a long time. We're hoping to do it again really soon.
I'll post again ASAP. There's this GREAT book that I'm reading and I want to share it with ya'll.
Love you all,
Lyd

PS. Everyone should post a comment on here!!! I want to know that you are actually alive.



2 comments:

Anna said...

Fun, fun, fun! Your pics turned out great.. You are all great girls and I am so happy to know all of you :)
LOVE YOU. MOM
ps your blog looks so nice!

Bethany, Dahlia, Julia, and GEB Lucky said...

VERY funny pictures!!!! :)